CH

2 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 1

Windows 10 update broke sound card dual channel on Lenovo T480

2019-01-22, 15:24 PM

Hello,

Let me start off and say that I own a Lenovo T410, T420, T430, T480 and several other machines, and I am very familiar with these devices, and my primary operating systems are Windows 7 and OpenSUSE linux OS. As required by my employer, I bought a new laptop, Lenovo T480 which came with W10Pro (cannot downgrade) and installed an OpenSUSE KDE.

In the beginning the T480 on W10 worked smoothly, but after one of the automatic updates, my sound system isn't working properly anymore. Before the update, I could have a dual channel sound output meaning, on W7 I could use "Realtek Audio Manager" to choose that I will have different volume setting for:

1. Machine speakers.

2. Headphones if/when plugged in.

This would prevent my laptop for blasting sound to the room through the speakers if I accidentally unplugged the headphone. This is a crucial feature to me as I am often connected to a meeting and I sometimes like to listen to music while working.

This feature is gone. I have it working on the linux side, it is definitely driver/OS problem, not hardware.

First, Lenovo T480 +W10 never came with realtek audio manager support.

Second, I cannot download it seperately, and I somewhat get a buggy "resolution" if I downgrade where the mute button sticks.

I am wondering if someone was able to solve this.

Thank you for your time.

-SJLPHI

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete