Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizmot500
Not applicable
Views: 3,638
Message 1 of 4

Windows 7 Restart/Shutdown when resume from Sleep or Hibernate - T510

Hi all, i have a lot of problem with my T510 running Win7 Pro x64.

Almost each time i put my laptop in sleep or hibernate, i get a restart from Windows when i re-open the machine. I have the panel that ask if i want to start windows normally or in safe mode.  it is displayed that windows had to be shutdown to prevent hardware or data failure.

My machine is up to date in Windows, and i use the latest bios available. when i run toolbox, there is no update available for power management.

i disable all settings regarding to wake on lan and magic packet.

Someone has an hint on this ?

TheWiiGuy
Not applicable
Views: 3,339
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 7 Restart/Shutdown when resume from Sleep or Hibernate - T510

hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but this was the only other person I could find with this issue.

I had originally reinstalled power manager and the the pm driver because it wouldn't save any custom power settings. When I finally got it working, it wouldnt wake up from sleep just like the above user's issue.

Machine is relatively new win7x64 install with all updates (lenovo updates too) installed.

Would like to avoid a total reinstall if at all possible.
gunalmel
Not applicable
Views: 2,041
Message 3 of 4

I have the same issue. witn Windows 7 64 bit for my thinkpad t510. Does anybody have a solution for this?

gunalmel
Not applicable
Views: 1,930
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue with T51o Win 7 64bit and I could not find any solutions anywehere. I applied the lates BIOS update and all Lenovo updates, tried uninstalling Power Manager, replacing power management drivers. No luck! Please respond if you have a solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors