03-04-2019

US

1 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 1

Windows Hello IR Cameras not Activating

2019-03-04, 19:36 PM

I have a T480s with the optional Windows Hello cameras and the fingerprint sensor.

Sometime last night, I opened my laptop and discovered that Windows wasn't turning on the IR cameras. The error given was "Something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN." Since then, I've been unable to use Windows Hello facial recognition.

Other information:

• Windows Hello still appears in the settings, but only the options for fingerprints.
  • The facial recognition settings do not appear in the Windows Hello settings.
  • Both cameras (IR and normal) appear in Device Manager and Windows says both are working fine.
  • My TPM chip is working fine.
  • The fingerprint sensor still works

Troubleshooting I have tried:

• Re-installing the IR camera in device manager, both with and without removing the drivers.
  • Installing the camera drivers directly from Lenovo's website
  • Installing the most recent BIOS (LENOVO N22ET52W (1.29 ), 1/16/2019).

Recently installed updates:

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I want to make it clear that I've exhausted all of the options I can think of to try. As I still have warranty, I did contact customer support; the first agent told me to go away and run Vantage, and the second one started an RMA process for me.

I'd prefer to fix this myself because I don't want to be without my laptop for upwards of a week, so I'm open to suggestions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save