Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philt
Paper Tape
Views: 2,753
Message 1 of 4

docking station not powering up laptop

I currently have a Lenovo T540p laptop and a docking station. Starting last week when I put my laptop into the docking station, with the lid closed, and press the power button on the docking station the laptop does not power on. The only way I can get the laptop to turn on using the docking station, is to open the lid, then press the power button on the laptop, and then close the laptop lid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,751
Message 2 of 4

Re: docking station not powering up laptop

If the machine is running and you push the power button on the dock, does it sleep/shutdown/hibernate, whatever you have it set to in the power options?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
philt
Paper Tape
Views: 2,750
Message 3 of 4

The laptop is not running when I put it into the docking station, and I have not changed the power setting since I got it, but I will look at them again.

aj901
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Your original post is very old but can you tell me if you fixed the problem and how?

My computer does not power on by pressing the power button on the dock. I also have to open my laptop and press the power button there instead--and I'd rather not have to do that. There has to be a setting I can change so that I don't have to open the laptop at all.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors