Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giligold
Paper Tape
Views: 2,710
Message 1 of 6

ericsson mobile broadband minicard problem

Hi

After upgrading the system the computer does not recognize the WWAN nor the GPS.

I've tried to uninstall the the Ericsson wireless module core and download and re-install the latest version of the driver (v1.0.1046.226 ), but the WWAN does not apear in the wireless radio switches (I have only the 802.11 wireless radio switch and the bluetooth switch)

the thinkvatage mobile broadband connect  gives an error message "mobile broadband device not found" and so does the thinkvantage GPS utility. 

Also, I can not find the Ericsson F3507g through the device manager (not in modems and not in network adaptors).

I'm almost sure it is not a hardware problem, since it worked fine before.

Any ideas?

Gil

product: 7417TNU

Access connections version 5.33

matram
Token Ring
Views: 2,689
Message 2 of 6

Re: ericsson mobile broadband minicard problem

Hi,

I had similar problem with driver: 7uwc46ww. For me it (mostly) went away with driver: 7uv706ww.

Please note than I am running Win 7 so the exact driver may not be relevant but the behavior was the one you described so it is probably driver related. The problem seems to be that the card is switched off and then you can not get it on again.

Two workarounds that I applied to the earlier driver which you may want to try out.

1) Install Ericssons wireless manager which works OK for the built in card even if it is intended for non-built in cards

2) Treat the WWAN card as a modem and switch it on with an AT-modem string.

Mats

Thinkpad T400s, X61s, X41, 600
lemmingman
Paper Tape
Views: 2,667
Message 3 of 6

I've had that problem many times.  On linux I can easily "kick start" the adapter and get it going again.  On Windows, its not as easy.  What I have done is reboot the computer and go into the BIOS.  Restore the BIOS to factory defaults and Viola....it works again.  Dont ask me why....it just does.

crispyoz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,638
Message 4 of 6

I have the same issue every day. At home I use WiFi and at the office I have to use the errisson adapter. The fix for me is to use my fn-f5, switch off wi-fi and switch on broad band. The shutdown, then turn back on again.  Pretty ridiculous I know since I used to hibernate every day and only restart one a month,  but it works pretty much every time.

Giligold
Paper Tape
Views: 2,618
Message 5 of 6

hello guys

Thanks for the support (it's good to know you are not alone with the problem)

I've tried what Mats suggested with no success , the Ericssons wireless manager could not identify the card,  About the modem the problem may be that I need more detailed instructions.

I also had no problems with Linux (that ensured the the problem is software and not hardware)

Does  anyone can help me with modem definitions?

I'll  try the other solution and update soon

Thanks

Gil  

crispyoz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,252
Message 6 of 6

Access Connections says the card is not initialised or can't find it. The windows device manager says all is ok, so I just set up using windows and not AC and I use it every day at work. I've had nothing but problems sine I bought this card. Part of the issue is that my carrier needs me set set up some stuff for it to work, like the GSM server name it connects to etc,  but strangly under Win7 I didn't have to do anything, it just works.

One problem I have always has had is that daily around 3pm it just stops working, this has been an issue since day one so I expect it might be my carrier but I'm so over trying to fix it I just reboot around 3pm and all is well again.

Top Kudoed Authors