Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mouse123
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 1 of 2

fail to activate Win7 for authentification after T440P was repaired

Hi, 

My thinkpad T440P failed to startup due to a part of its elements was broken. After the laptop was fixed. My window7 can not be activated for authentication. 

I am in a university. the IT department post some suggestions that I pasted below. 

Can you please help? Thank you very much. 

"Based on researching "windows activation error 0xC004F035", it pointed to the cause of the problem 
related to the BIOS on your Lenovo laptop. It looks like the BIOS has the invalid Windows Marker in it, 
This will block the computer from activating via a KMS host server. You would probably need to contact 
Lenovo to get this addressed. The other option is to use a Multiple Activation Key (MAK) key to activate, 
this does not affect MAK key activation. The MAK key is usually provided by the computer manufacturer."

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 59
Message 2 of 2

Re: fail to activate Win7 for authentification after T440P was repaired

It sounds like whoever repaired the computer installed a motherboard with the wrong marker.  You need to return it to the servicer and get him or her to fix it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors