cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Bruce443
SCSI Port
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-11-2008
Location: US
Views: 4,729
Message 1 of 4

fix solution T430 T530 Bluetooth completely missing after windows 10 update

Hi -- I'm posting this to save you some time.  After the last Windows 10 update, I lost bluetooth on both a T530 and T430, with the standared Broadcom daughter bluetooth card.  I followed all the instructions on various forums and youtube videos and nothing worked.  (ie: I went into device manager, showed hidden devices, and deleted them; I tried to reinstall the latest bluetooth drivers from Lenovo, etc, etc,)  Nothing worked - and could no longer find or install bluetooth at all on the machines.

 

Finally, I found the solution:  Download this file from intel:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28009?v=t

 

If the link doesn't work, the name of the file is BT_20.70.0_64_Win10.exe  (That's the 64 bit version, there's also a 32 bit version.)

 

Run the file as administrator, wait for it to load for a few minutes, and then restart the computer.  After the restart, bluetooth will reappear in the device manager, with all the correct thinkpad broadcom drivers, and all the devices you've attached to the machine.

 

I hope this is helpful.  It worked for me on two machines.

 

 

JimBobMC
802.11n
Posts: 269
Registered: ‎10-27-2016
Location: US
Views: 4,701
Message 2 of 4

Re: fix solution T430 T530 Bluetooth completely missing after windows 10 update

thanks for posting!

 

It did not work on my T480 I guess I'll have to keep searching.......................

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“ and click the star to give it a Kudo!
If my suggestion is helpful you can still give me a kudo if you like ...

Some years ago I worked for IBM.
Currently I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.
Bruce443
SCSI Port
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎05-11-2008
Location: US
Views: 4,697
Message 3 of 4

Re: fix solution T430 T530 Bluetooth completely missing after windows 10 update

I'm not sure if it will work in a T480, but if bluetooth is totally gone, try this: (And remember, I'm just one thinkpad owner trying to help out another.)

 

1) Open device manager as an administrator.

2) Under view, click on Open hidden devices.

3) If a bluetooth folder appears, first try to uninstall Thinkpad 4.0 if it's there. If asked, delete the drivers, too. If it's not there, but others are there, uninstall them.  And if nothing is there, or there is no bluetooth folder, or after you've deleted the drivers --

3) Now check in network adapters and uninstall anything that says bluetooth.

4) Now check in software devices and, again, uninstall anything that says bluetooth.

5) Restart the computer.  (Do not "shut down."  Use the restart function.

6) Now reinstall the Thinkpad bluetooth package.  Wait a few minutes.  It may say it's installed the package, (the dialogue box with the flying folders), but it still won't work.  This is as it should be.   We're not done yet.

7) Restart again.

8) Now, this time, install the correct intel package -- either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your computer.

9) Again, wait.  Give it a few minutes.  Nothing will appear to change yet.

10) Restart again.  With any kind of luck, you'll have the whole Bluetooth package back.

 

(One of the things I learned the hard way is that there's a difference between shut-down and restart.  For stuff like this you need to use restart.)

 

Good luck.

 

JimBobMC
802.11n
Posts: 269
Registered: ‎10-27-2016
Location: US
Views: 4,674
Message 4 of 4

Re: fix solution T430 T530 Bluetooth completely missing after windows 10 update

Thanks!

I'm travelling internationally right now, and don't want to "risk it" at the moment.

but may give it a go when i get back home.

 

right now I only use a BT mouse which works well 95% of the time and gets serious lag the other 5% of the time.

Turning it off and back on resolves it but its still a PITA  (Logitech M535).

 

I'm only missing the device driver for:    BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP   which I think happened with the 1803 update.

Some other drivers got updated on 11/08/18 and my Dragon dictation s/w stopped working (could no longer find the microphone)

but this may be the excuse I need to ununstall Dragon dictation and try Cortana instead...  ;-)

 

Again, thanks!

Jim

 

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“ and click the star to give it a Kudo!
If my suggestion is helpful you can still give me a kudo if you like ...

Some years ago I worked for IBM.
Currently I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors