Did you mean: 
Highlighted
erceve
Fanfold Paper
Views: 883
Message 1 of 2

installing windows 8 on t430 problem

Hello,

I am trying to install windows 8 using the windows 8 upgrade assistent, but I run into a problem, at a certain moment in the setup i get a "what needs your attention" screen and I need to uninstall some programs that are incompatible with windows 8, one of these is "rapidboot shield" but when i try to uninstall it, i get the following message:

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\rapidboot.msi

following this i need to manually select a folder containing the file PHCORE.sys and the default folder to search in is C:\program files\lenovo\rapidboot, i opened the folder and can only find PHCORE64.sys but when i select the file it doesn't work, can anybody help me with this?

erceve
Fanfold Paper
Views: 815
Message 2 of 2

Re: installing windows 8 on t430 problem

I already got it fixed on my own, what I did is the following, I looked up the rapidboot shield program on the lenovo drivers & software site, and i installed the 32bit version, just to remove it after the installation completed, and this way I didn't get an error, so I hope this can be of some help for anyone running into the same problem!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors