cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke89
Token Ring
Views: 197
Message 1 of 4

keyboard replacement part - same FRU Part - but diffrent cable of the keyboard replacement

Hello

I would like to replace a keyboard of lenovo 20j1 -004UMZ.

The Problem is the replacement keyboard (same FRU) got a longer cable (the other one is correct). That's why I can't close the keyboard. There is no space for the longer cable. (Picutre)

Any Ideas?

Thank you very much, regards

Lukas

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 2 of 4

Re: keyboard replacement part - same FRU Part - but diffrent cable of the keyboard replacement

The cables look to be about the same length in the picture.  Which one do you think is longer?  I assume you know they fold in the middle.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Luke89
Token Ring
Views: 169
Message 3 of 4

Re: keyboard replacement part - same FRU Part - but diffrent cable of the keyboard replacement

The cable in the green lines is the original one with the correct length (broken keyboard).

The cable in the red lines is the replacement keyboard, with the longer cable. It goes like to the wrong place to a none existing interface.

Do you know hot I mean?

The other biger cable on the right, is the same in both parts (correct).

"I assume you know they fold in the middle." I guess I know that (If I understand it correctly - I'm not native english speaker ; ).

Thank you

Luke89
Token Ring
Views: 144
Message 4 of 4

With re-folding the cable like the original one.... it worked......

Thanks for the reply

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors