Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klamerus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 191
Message 1 of 2

laptop trackpoint becomes inactive when bluetooth mouse enabled

I have a problem that is very inconvenient with a T470 that I just purchased.

I like to use an external keyboard and mouse when at home or in the office.  I've been doing this for at least 3 previous models of Thinkpad.  I hookup wither a Logitech Unifying technology mouse/keyboard or a bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

In the past all this does is allow for a second mouse and keyboard and the ones built into the laptop remain active.

With this new T470, the Trackpoint stops working on the laptop (the keyboard keeps working) when I have an external mouse active.

This is very inconvenient because I sometimes want to use my laptop elsewhere in the office or home and if I don't remember to turn off the external mouse, I have to walk back to mouse and turn it off.

Is there a fix for this?

klamerus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 127
Message 2 of 2

Re: laptop trackpoint becomes inactive when bluetooth mouse enabled

Okay,

So long story short, Lenovo takes absolutely zero accountability for any sortware with their laptops.  That is pretty much the company point of view as explained by their employees.  You have to pay for anything whatsoever that's a software issue including what comes from them originally.  This is a $65 fee.

At this point I'm sitting on hold waiting for their premier support (who is the only group that supports any software issue after having bounced around for about a half hour.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors