Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koulkos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 279
Message 1 of 2

lenovo t400 led board help for my led screen

I recently bought for my old t400 a   a AUO screen ,model B141EW05 V3 (FRU 42T0699) with 30 pin connector from ebay. Sadly i dont know and i cant find any  led board compatible with this panel (my inverter from my old panel dont match of course). Anyone familiar with this led panel and the exact led board model i need to buy? Only info from manufacturer is its compatibility with t400, r400 laptops , 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 273
Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo t400 led board help for my led screen

T400 was a transitional model.  The previous model, t61, had CCFL backlights.  The next model, t410, was all LED backlights and the video cable also had the power for the backlight.  The LED board just had the status LEDs.  T400 had some CCFL backlight screens with a normal inverter.  As inverter converts the DC on the motherboard to the AC used by a CCFL bulb.  Some T400 machines had screens like your picture which has an LED backlight, no inverter and an LED control board that split off the DC to the LED backlight into the little ribbon cable in your picture.  The LED backlight models use an entirely different video cable.

It sounds like your machine originally had a CCFL backlight.  The net result is that the panel you bought won't work for you.  Return it if you can.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors