Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panonski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,487
Message 1 of 5

lenovo t440 battery advice

Hi all,

recently I bought Lenovo t440. How long should last battery (s) in this laptop in normal or power saving use with screen at 65-80 %?

I know this laptop have two batteries , and both of them are 3 cell right ? Extended battery have 6 cell, which I don't have, but might I would  buy it .

I noticed my both batteries last max 3,5 hours max 4. This is from I what know - slightly short. 

Before I buy some of this batteries I would like to know which one is maybe fault, or worst of them. Maybe is faulty inside battery, maybe plug in one. 

My battery indicator in win 8.1 shows both bAtteries ... It seems windows recognize capacity or remaining storage from both of batteries in same time,

or, should I say, it seems my laptop is running on power from both of them in real time...

Maybe laptop should drain batteries one by one ? Ok, if this is normal, let's skip it  Smiley Wink

main question is still,

how to check each batterie health / or one by one in mY T440  to see which one is maybe faulty or less good, for potential replacement ?

Smiley Wink

thank you all

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,405
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo t440 battery advice

How long a battery or 2 batteries will run a machine varies a lot depending on the machine configuration and what work is being done.  An I7 CPU uses more power than an i5; a spinning drive uses more power than an SSD.  More memory uses more power.  Also wireless radio(s) and Bluetooth use power.  Also, external keyboards, pointing devices, touch screens.  If your machine gets less battery life than it used to get, that means the batteries may be nearing the end of their lives.  How long a battery lives also greatly based on how often it is recharged , how it is used and what the ambient temperature is for storage.  The best indication that the battery needs changing is the run time lowering.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
panonski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,388
Message 3 of 5

Well, this laptop is not old, maybe year, year and a half - Disk is SSD, procesor i7, I shut down all proceses, just watch internet.

My keyboard light is off. Devices in use are just one external wire mouse

Also I shutdown bluetooth.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,379
Message 4 of 5

The run time seems short, but watching internet can be a very heavy user of the processor.  Webpages are not designed to be efficient and have a lot of active content.  Also, a year and a half can contain a lot of battery recharge cycles.  I have one machine that I had turned on for several hours every day, and I always plugged it in overnight.  After just a year, I was seeing a drop in battery run time

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
panonski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,360
Message 5 of 5

I find cmd command to list power status from laptop in .html script , saved on C after the process( which last 60 sec) is done.

- and my both batteries are in 85 % from designed charging .

One of them is Sony, and it is at 91 % from ideal, and internal is 80 % .

Ok, that's not so bad

Top Kudoed Authors