Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutchg
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 1 of 2

new keyboard, t410

Hi. I had a SMALL coffee spill on the T410 a week ago. Mouse button-behavior has been a litle unpredictable ever since, both on the keyboard itself (all four touchpad buttons are a little off, with the right-click buttons being the most inconsistent). Plugging in a USB mouse is better, but that still is not perfect. Weirdly, clicking on some things (links in Chrome browser, for instance) usually works, while clicking on other things (Chrome browser tabs, for instance) often does not work. Very unpredictable, though. 

I'm going to try replacing the keyboard to see if that might fix the problem.  Two questions: (1) Do you think that might fix the problem?  (2) How on earth can I order a new keyboard from Lenovo--all the multiple help/ordering/parts/replacement pages and stuff on the website are oddly unclear on where/who I can simply call to order this replacement part. Any help there would be appreciated. 

THANKS

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 206
Message 2 of 2

Re: new keyboard, t410

dutchg,

the keyboard and touchpad is separated thus if you were to change, I would advice to check the TouchPad first.

You mentioned that the 4 buttons on the touchpad are off? I don't remember having 4 buttons on the touchpad. There are only 3 physical buttons right?

If you want to replace the touchpad, contact support and they would advice you on how to do so.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors