12-29-2010

USA

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 3

t400 WiFi card not recognized by Access Connection or FnF5

2010-12-29, 18:20 PM

I had to reinstall Windows XP Professional on my Thinkpad T400 (7417-PAU) and now I can not use AC or Hotkey to manage my WiFi. I get unable to change power state of 802.11 wireless radio if I pres FnF5 and in AC's Connect to the Internet tab all but Other connections are grayed out. I can, however, connect and disconnect from WiFi using Windows Wireless NetWork Connection utility. 

Network card is identified as Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN and driver version is 13.4.0.9.

Any help is Greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Rahmani

Options

4095 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38392 Signins

574006 Page Views

• Views: 574006
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: t400 WiFi card not recognized by Access Connection or FnF5

2010-12-30, 3:44 AM

right click the wireless icon in the taskbar, view available wireless networks, change advanced settings, at the top click wireless networks, uncheck, use windows to configure my wireless network settings.  then open access connections and see if you can connect with ac.  

usually when fn f5 says unable to change power state, it means that you need to update your driver.  if you go on intel's site and use their scan utility, intel should give you the latest driver for it.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

2 Posts

12-29-2010

USA

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: t400 WiFi card not recognized by Access Connection or FnF5

2010-12-30, 4:09 AM

right click the wireless icon in the taskbar, view available wireless networks, change advanced settings, at the top click wireless networks, uncheck, use windows to configure my wireless network settings.  then open access connections and see if you can connect with ac.  

That was the first thing that I did and it made no difference.

usually when fn f5 says unable to change power state, it means that you need to update your driver.  if you go on intel's site and use their scan utility, intel should give you the latest driver for it.

And this was the second! I even installed Intel program that is similar to Access Connection and it worked fine. However, Access Connection still does not recognizes the WiFi card.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete