Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-20-2009

Boston Mass.

7 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 2

t400s problems - LAN Sleep Display

2009-08-24, 13:23 PM

I have had too many problems with my expensive new T400s!

Firstly, connection via LAN is unreliable, with a message asking me to connect the LAN cable periodically coming up when the cable is already connected (and I have tried several cables and even a different router and the same thing lappens, with loss of connection when the message appears). The rep. in Atlanta I talked to thinks this is a systemboard problem and I will have to send the machine in to change the board. I am not thrilled.

Secondly, there have been periodic crashes when resuling from sleep. I open the lid and the machine is dead and has to be hard rebooted...

Finally, I am very disappointed with the low-quality screen shipped with this machine. It is not as good as the one on my old T40! There is an especial problem at the dark end of the spectrum where all colors seem to merge into one blur, and I can't do photo editing because I can't see what is happening (plus, most photos are displayed poorly).

I hope Lenovo will at least offer a higher-quality display option so I can get this one upgraded (I would be quite prepared to pay for it!), perhaps when I send it in for a systemboard change (for now I am using wireless, which works fine). It is pretty ridiculous to sell a high-end machine like this with only a lousy display on offer!!! 

Options

1 Posts

01-27-2010

Massachusetts

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: t400s problems - LAN Sleep Display

2010-01-27, 22:36 PM

Have the problem gotten fixed?  And which display do you have (resolution, etc)?  Thanks1

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms