Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trekuhl
Punch Card
Views: 850
Message 1 of 6

t410s LCD quality issues - greenish hue

sort of started hijacking another LCD thread so making a new one 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/t410s-vertical-band-in-my-LCD/td-p/245040

back story is:

-------------------

-been an HP shop for 5-6 years few months ago re-evaluated several laptop manufacturers and models 

-really liked the t410s despite its higher price felt it was a solid product

-ordered 9 initial for testing and 3 came in with a greenish hue on the screen

-vendor RMA'd those 3 and said there was no known issue and it was a fluke. 3 replacements looked great so ordered 6 more machines to get a few more old HPs cycled out of our system

-2 laptops started exhibiting the vertical line issue as noted in above referenced thread

-sent 1 back so far and has had LCD replace twice now with one that has the "greenish hue" 

-seems a few other folks complained of this issue, although it may be hard to notice unless you have multiple machines. once you place them side by side its a night and day difference. 

-folks at depot can really only RMA products, difficult to pursue this is a quality issue and have someone look at it

-all my machines are intel integrated GMA only, no switchable/discrete

unknowns:

----------------

?panels appear to be same manufacturer, is it another component

?are t410, 510 or previous models also showing the same issue?

?how many others have similar issues

-trekuhl

------
trekuhl
Volker1
802.11n
Views: 804
Message 2 of 6

Re: t410s LCD quality issues - greenish hue

For the record, I had the vertical band issue and the replacement LCD has been working fine for a month now (t410s intel integrated graphics). 

madashell
Punch Card
Views: 618
Message 3 of 6

Are you still having issues?  Interested because we switched from HP a year ago, and now have the vertical band issue with Lenovo's.

trekuhl
Punch Card
Views: 601
Message 4 of 6

i only had 2 out of 15 go. apparently almost every panel on the other ones *could* be affected; the serial numbers fall in the range of known crappy panels. lenovo offered to send a tech onsite for a day and replace all panels at our office but i've declined thus far since onyl 2 exhibited issues within a month and the other have been trucking along fine for 4 months or so now no symptoms. i simply keep a spare laptop ready for when the issue crops up and swap the SSD over and send it in. 

ive got 13 more t410s coming next week as well.

overall, i will say i am impressed that lenovo rep has contacted me several times about the issue. when i had some kooky issue with HP and attempted several times to talk with reps i was never contacted. in the long run, when you are buying large amounts of same models you are bound to run into some odd issues but the fact that lenovo has addressed them with me personally already sets the bar above HP in that regards. 

------
trekuhl
trekuhl
Punch Card
Views: 599
Message 5 of 6

forgot to note* any new t410s purchased as of past few weeks comes with new panels that should not exhibit the vertical bar issue. from what i gathered from the rep they pulled those manufacturer panels. unless you can find someone with stock on the shelf that is a couple months old it should not be an issue now. 

------
trekuhl
trekuhl
Punch Card
Views: 597
Message 6 of 6

why is there no option to edit a previous post or am i just blind?

ok last thing; the "green hue" i complained of. the panels replaced were a diff manufacturer and so the color is slightly different. its a very subtle difference in whites and blacks green may not be the best terminology...but the is a color difference. I notice it and it bugs me but ive put a couple side by side and had random folks in office compare and most will say they dont see the difference.

me, im sticking with the panel i like so i swapped my drive to another t410s with a "better" screen. most folks probably wouldnt notice the hue affect i am talking about tho...guess my eyes are just too sensitive. 

------
trekuhl

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors