Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gunmetal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,257
Message 1 of 3

t420 - 2 Monitors - Docking Station

So at work I just received a new t420 2 monitors and a docking station.  I took it home the first night then came in and expecting the display settings to be as they were.  The problem is the scaling goes to Maintain Display Scaling and I want it to default to Scale Full Screen

I created a profile thinking it would recognize the profile while being docked.  Is there any solutions to this, other than every morning loading that profile?  

As a side note in my company we are deploying these t420's right now and a lot of people are going to start having this issue and its my job as the IT deployment tech to make sure this is taken care of sooner than later. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,219
Message 2 of 3

Re: t420 - 2 Monitors - Docking Station

hey gunmetal,

as the company of yours is deploying the T420's , is it installed with specific company-typed software ? It might be the reason.

Anyway, try testing the unit with one monitor without the docking station and then unit+1monitor+docking station.

also run the same test after uninstaling the video driver and letting windows install its generic video driver.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
gunmetal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,184
Message 3 of 3

Re: t420 - 2 Monitors - Docking Station

But the people need 2 monitors, and yes there are some specific software jut for my company on the image

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors