Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcmn
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 1 of 6

t420s cracked screen

My two week old t420s was great until----one day I closed it, carried it into the conference room, opened it up, and the screen was cracked!!!! I did not drop it--nothing hit against it--- I have no idea why this happened. Unfortunately it was not covered under the regular warranty. ( l had no idea there was one for this type of problem} I am very disappointed in Lenovo for not standing behind their product---this was my first Lenovo computer and now it will be my last! Because the repair would have been so costly, it was less expensive for me to buy another less fragle computer of a different brand. I fear Lenovo has comprimised the t420s in terms of durability, in order to make it lightweight. I don't usually write reviews, but this was such a costly mistake for me, I hope I can help others by warning them. Do not buy this model unless you plan on treating it with kid gloves
Former Employee
Views: 483
Message 2 of 6

Re: t420s cracked screen

Hi drcmn,

Drop me a private message with your email and I will escalate this issue to the customer relations for them to look into it.

//JameZ
drcmn
Paper Tape
Views: 461
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. How do I send you private message?
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 455
Message 4 of 6

drcmn, welcome to the forum,

Click on JameZ's member name to the left of his above post, this will open his member profile. On the right side of his profile you will see under Contact there is a link - Send this user a private message - clicking on the link will open the PM function.

Alternatively you can click on the envelope at the top of each forum page.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Tsunade_Hime
Punch Card
Views: 448
Message 5 of 6

If your laptop has physical damage, no standard manufacturer warranty except for ASUS (only on certain laptops) covers it. A cracked screen is not a defect, it is end user inflicted.

ThinkPad Z61t - T7200|3 GB|GMA 950|640 GB MomentusLP|WXGA|XP Pro X 2 (2nd one has 750 GB Scorpio Black)
ThinkPad T60 - T2400|3 GB|GMA 950|500 GB Scorpio Black|SXGA+|XP Pro
ThinkPad X200t - SL9400|4 GB|X4500|Intel X25-M 80 GB G1|WXGA|XP Tablet
LarsHaga
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I had exactly the same problem with my computer. The screen seems to be weak. I love my computer and I know, I did not do anything to harm any damage. I just closed it and 10 min later when I had carried it for a meeting... it was cracked...

What can I do? Is this a weakness you have heard about before? How can I explain this for Lenovo, no one will believe me, no computer can be that week...

Lars

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors