Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyler
Paper Tape
Views: 526
Message 1 of 9

t430 doesn't boot

Hello to All,

First, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help.

My t430 will not boot, just give me a blinking cursor. F11 is not functioning or doesn't exist.

Following is what I tried:

Remove battery & AC power supply and press and hold power button for about a minute.

Through "To interupt normal start up, press enter", I tried several things:

F1: play with start up order

F10: dianose hardware, Recover bad sectors tool, Quick memory test, Quick storage device test= ALL IS GOOD.

F12:Choose a temporary startup device, will not boot from hard drive or dvd drive with window 7 disc in it.

I am ready to do fresh install but nothing happens when Windows 7 disc inserted, It sounds like trying to read,though.

TIA

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 523
Message 2 of 9

Re: t430 doesn't boot

Can you open and access the BIOS?

skyler
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 3 of 9

yes, I can

thanks for quick respond

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 508
Message 4 of 9

Try setting the BIOS to its defaults.

What did you do to the PC before this happened?  Install anything?  Update anything?

skyler
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 5 of 9

nothing out of ordinary, just web surfing. not sure about the update, at least  I did not do it on my own. no physical change,drop....etc. first symtomp, just sloooooooow, i thought it is ISP then takes forever to boot or turn off. Finally, after properly shut off, no turning back, not booting.

I try though F1>select F9>select F10. it then automatically reboot but only blinking cursor, no change.

thanks again

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 499
Message 6 of 9

So, you can change the boot order to the DVD drive and with a Windows disk in it it still doesn't respond?  Can you hear the optical drive spinning and reading?

skyler
Paper Tape
Views: 490
Message 7 of 9

yep, drive is spinning shortly and stop. since t430 has no windows 7 disc provided, i used Alienware disc to make bootable usb. starting>system repair>startup repair> not working still. now try system restore> will update if anything good happen

thanks

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 487
Message 8 of 9

If this were my PC, I'd pull the drive out and install it in another PC to see if it can read it. 

But the fact that it won't even boot on a bootable DVD or USB is not a good sign.

skyler
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 9 of 9

Hey Skoop,

I follow this link,http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/93347-copy-paste-windows-recovery-console.html, to get some info backed up, then proceed to fresh install. of course, the access to this via bootable usb. at time, it seems dvd drive is not recognized and some other factors which are beyond my comprehension.

thanks for the help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors