Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 618
Message 1 of 7

t450 and 16 gb ssd drive

i bought a t450 few months ago, on the internet i have read that this model has a 16gb ssd drive for better performance but I dont see that in my laptop. looks like i only have a 500gb hardisk in there. i checked the BIOS , could see nothing related to SSD, checked device management - disk manager and couldnt see anything there, then checked device manager and i couldnt see anything related to ssd. in hardrive it only shows a 500gb hardisk.

does this model even have a 16gb drive or it is for T450s , note i have a T450 not T450S

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 611
Message 2 of 7

Re: t450 and 16 gb ssd drive

Looking at the PSREF page I don't see any with a small cache SSD as you describe.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_T450

Sometimes there are configurations that aren't listed on that page.

If you'll provide your MT-M (like 20BU0001US for example) we should be able to look up its specs.  You can do that yourself by going to SUPPORT above and entering the MT-M in the search box.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ali90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 600
Message 3 of 7

product MTM is empty but it shows serial number ******** and its still under warrenty.

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 591
Message 4 of 7

It's not a good idea to post your serial number.  Edited.

There's no MT-M "Type" on a sticker in the battery compartment?

You can also enter your S/N in that SUPPORT search box.  I did that and it returned the below.

Z.

Processor: Intel Core i5-5300U Processor(Core i5-5300U): : Memory: 4GB DDR3L 1600: : Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro(EN:English): : Hard Drive: 500GB 7200: : Wireless Network: Bluetooth Version 4.0; Intel Wireless 7265AC(2x2)+BT4.0 M.2 Combo: : Ports: Ethernet; 3 USB 3.0; Microphone/Headphone Jacks; VGA out: : Camera: 720p HD Camera: : Monitor: 14.0 1366x768: : Included Warranty: 1 Year Depot

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ali90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 585
Message 5 of 7

20bv0064us
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 582
Message 6 of 7

That produces the same info I posted above, as expected.

No cache SSD.

[edit] Confirmed by the PSREF page:  http://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/ThinkPad_T450?M=20BV0064US

Z.

ali90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 574
Message 7 of 7

Thanks a lot.
Top Kudoed Authors