Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sp34kercr33p
Paper Tape
Views: 2,887
Message 1 of 4

t460 Security chip stuck in MFG mode

I have a t460 that has now had 4 systemboards replaced. All refurbed parts. No matter what the tech does, cannot get the tpm from showing MFG mode and unable to activate/deactive the TPM. Unsure if I am getting bad boards/someone in the depot screwing up when they are re-certifying these boards or what. I've tried googling but can't find much information on these systems.

Anyone know of a way to clear this without getting another new board? I've already put in an escalation with Lenovo because apparently they didn't listen to me the last time. Is there maybe a jumper or some sort of reset button on the board to pull this out of this mode?

Lenovo Employee Lenovor-001
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,807
Message 2 of 4

Re: t460 Security chip stuck in MFG mode

Did you keep the 4 pcs planar SN? if you could provide the SN, we could find some guys to check more details.

sp34kercr33p
Paper Tape
Views: 2,805
Message 3 of 4

No. Unfortunately, I work support for a company and had called in service. The field tech that replaced it always took the other board back. My suspicion is someone in the depot that's refurbishing these is missing a step and they are sending bad boards out of the depot.
BigRam1411
What's DOS?
Views: 2,142
Message 4 of 4

We have received abot 4 Yogas and a couple T450s with this MFG mode as well from the Depot. I have the latest HMD but that won't fix it either nor will a BIOS Flash. Thoughts?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors