Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelvinB
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 1 of 3

t480s blue screen

My t480s encounter blue screen in windows 10 many times a day.  The Stop code shown in windows blue screen is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Have tried to install all display and video graphics drivers from Lenovo support site, including:

ThinkPad Monitor INF File for Windows 10 (64-bit)   6.10.0.0

Thunderbolt firmware update utility                   17.0.0.1 - N22TF14W

Intel Thunderbolt software for windows 10      17.4.78.500

Thinkpad video feature drive for windows 10   24.21.13.9836

Intel HD graphics driver for windows 10            25.20.100.6472

But no help to reduce frequencey of blue screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 121
Message 2 of 3

Re: t480s blue screen

That is a common windows error message that, unfortunately, tells you little or nothing about the cause. Some driver or some windows file has some problem that tries to access memory that should be protected.  I always try running a hardware scam since disk or memory errors can cause all sorts of problems.  Force a full shutdown by holding down the shift key while shutting down.  At the prompt, hit enter to interrupt the process and then hit F10 at the menu.  

Assuming that is OK, there may be a clue about what driver or windows fileis gettibg sick in the event log.  Here is a good description:

https://whatsabyte.com/windows/irql_not_less_or_equal/

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
KelvinB
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 3 of 3

Re: t480s blue screen

actually the problem is when I use t480s in daily work, blue screen suddenly happens.  1 to 2 times per day.  Suspect it is video driver or other driver causing issue with Windows 10.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors