Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacolover206
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 1 of 4

t580 non backlit keyboard to backlit keyboard

Im trying to see if there's a way for me to get the baklit keyboard for my t580 without voidin the warranty i tried talking to lenovo but they were of no help everyone transfering me over to the next person. i purchased my laptop back in april 2018 but still have 2 years left on my warranty i dont want that to go to waste but i need the backlit keyboard as the non backlit os too hard for me to see i need the help thank you.

Guru
Views: 337
Message 2 of 4

Re: t580 non backlit keyboard to backlit keyboard

Keyboards for T580 are Tier 2 CRU (Customer Replaceable Unit), which means they can be replaced by customer without losing the warranty. Also you may request the keyboard replacement, free of charge, by Lenovo service (there are limitations depending on your warranty type). Remember that new keyboard won't inherit warranty of your laptop and its warranty will depend on the seller.

------
Guru
Views: 331
Message 3 of 4

Per parts lookup keyboards are an optional CRU(Customer Replaceable Unit).  So as long as you don't damage laptop from replacing keyboard you should be fine.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 328
Message 4 of 4

According to the Hardware manual. the keyboard is an Optional Service CRU, meaning it might be replaced by a customer with better than basic skill level. Some people don't know which end of the screwdriver to hold. I am a customer and I can replace anything that the depot can replace plus I do things like board-repair, so there is no answer that fits all customers. One thing I can say is that If you break something, it becomes your problem. That isn't good if you expect to use a warranty later. Other than memory and drives, I try not to work on machines that are still covered. Here is the manual:
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t580_p52s_hmm_en.pdf

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors