Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sholmess
Blue Screen Again
Views: 610
Message 1 of 4

thinkpad t460 display shuts down

I have using t460 for about six months without no problems until last week, while using the pc the display shuts down, not entirely. The blacklight is on and the machine is still working. And nothing can be done untill I force it to shut down by pressing power button and restart it again. I have done solutions by removing external battery and pressing rest button and holding the power button etc, nothing happened.  Please give me a solution. Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 576
Message 2 of 4

Re: thinkpad t460 display shuts down

Look in the event log for something around the time of shut down

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Sholmess
Blue Screen Again
Views: 570
Message 3 of 4

there was a log. i have inserted the screen shot with this. what is it and what's the solution?Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

Sholmess
Blue Screen Again
Views: 284
Message 4 of 4

i have found the solution. remove both internal and external batteries, then press and hold the reset hole using a pin, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. after that try turning on the pc by only connecting the power cable. it will turn on, then install the batteries, and be sure to update the bios too. thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors