Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Real_iBen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,366
Message 1 of 6

windows insider 1903 lenovo drivers not supported

I recently signed-up for the windows insider program and when i updated to build 1903 lenovo software stoped working on my device inclouding the drivers for my fingerprint reader and the system inerface foundation V2 Devices for the Lenovo Vantage App.

I looked up online and saw that the only way to fix it is by going back to the previuse version of windows, the problem is that i don't have any recovery from an older version of windows and restoring my device is not an option.

even trying to opt-out of the insider program by signing-in to my microsoft account won't let me because windows Hello is not working (obviosly...why would it work if there's not fingerprint reader working).

is there anything else i can do to fix this issue or to downgrade to a normal  1809 version without loosing all my files???

otheos
802.11n
Views: 1,328
Message 2 of 6

Re: windows insider 1903 lenovo drivers not supported

Yes, it happened during various Windows Insiders Previews. This is beta software, don't expect it to work with everything. If this is your production machine, go back to stable. If you need Insiders for development, you will have to do with its limitations. Beta is not meant for daily drivers, only for development. 

Thinkpad T480s, Thinkpad T460p
Real_iBen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,308
Message 3 of 6

I relized that but how do i go back to a stable version???

otheos
802.11n
Views: 1,303
Message 4 of 6

You leave the insider program and hope you haven't deleted the windows.old folder or have removed previous windows version when you did disk cleanup. If you just Google leave insider you will get more detailed instructions.

Thinkpad T480s, Thinkpad T460p
Real_iBen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,283
Message 5 of 6

but I can't leave the windows insider program without Windows Hello because the fingerprint Driver is not working with this version

andenstimme
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 6 of 6

Dear friends,

now ver 1903 is offical and even Lenovo upgraded the driver: "Hello" do not reconized the fingerprint. There are other software issues, too.

Greetings

Lenovo TP 540p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors