gilbalbus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 280
Message 1 of 4

windows product key

Hi,

I bought my laptop T440P with windows8 license

I reinstalled my system

how to get the windows product key for my computer from Lenovo?

no label on laptop with windows product key.

Thanks, Gil.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 277
Message 2 of 4

Re: windows product key

Hi again,

The key (or equivalent) is embedded in the UEFI BIOS.  It isn't normally required that a user access it.

Why do you ask?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

gilbalbus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 3 of 4

cause I reinstalling my operation system

got windows8 pro

need to activate windows.

need the product key.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 273
Message 4 of 4

If you had 8 Pro originally it should activate automatically.

[edit]  I see from your other post you had Win 7 Pro.  If it was via downgrade from Win 8 Pro (not downgraded by you but sold that way) it should still activate 8 automatically.  If it was a "pure" Win 7 Pro install, you don't have an 8 key.

[more edit] That model was Win 7 via downgrade from 8.  Should activate 8 Pro automatically.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors