Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

04-10-2008

Silicon Valley

9 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 1 of 1

Brand New T61 Stalled

2008-04-11, 22:48 PM
Hey guys... need some help if someone's available form Lenovo...

Got a brand new T61, cleaned out the HDD and reinstalled with a Microsoft Windows XP CD. Everything went well... Got couple hiccups like installing Audio software, but it says something is required but missing, there are couple unknown devices and a PCI device in the hardware list that none of the drivers (downloaded from lenovo of course) would fit...

After installing the chipset package... the USB thing wont work... I had to uninstall all USB drivers and refreshed to get things going.

Installation of the rest of the drivers, finger print software, etc... all went well...

After a reboot... I installed the sonic burning software... then the WinDVD software (this failed cuz it said I need a full version installed first for the update..) will figure that out later...

Worst thing is USB driver crashes again... it sits at "Windows is starting..." indefinitely despite that I reboot many times...

Realized that I earlier had trouble with USB driver... I unplugged the USB external drive and it boots within 15 seconds...

Is there a new package that I can use to fix this? Seems the Chipset package caused the problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms