Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

12-15-2007

us

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 2

How connect T60 or T61 to HDTV?

2007-12-15, 17:57 PM
In our house we have a T60 and a T61. Would like to connect to our HDTV to play video in high def.

Please let me know the best way to do this. We are willing to buy a reasonably priced PC card or USB device to provide the necessary high-def outputs; would be nice if you could recommend a setup that works.

Thanks!

Richard Galli

http://www.gallireport.com
Options

23 Posts

12-17-2007

USA

117 Signins

682 Page Views

• Views: 682
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: How connect T60 or T61 to HDTV?

2007-12-18, 0:46 AM
On a T30 with the mini-dock, I used the DVI output on the dock and a $16 10ft. DVI to HDMI cable:
with good results on my HDTV (but slow CPU).  This is one approach that wouldn't require any special 3rd party device or device drivers, just a thought.

Another approach, at the other end of the spectrum, is something like this (but I haven't tried):

My own luck with a T41 with and a VTBook
didn't go well, nuisance driver issues on XP, and slow (PCMCIA limitations), but I did hear a while back that  this company may be working on an expresscard version.

I also tried PCI graphics cards with the T41 in a full dock, major hassles with Nvidia and ATI cards I tried (not to mention heat).

Tried PCI Express video cards in full dock on T61p, even worse problems with Vista given some changes made to different vendor chipsets, and couldn't undock without shutdown, gave that up.

I hope this info helps!

Message Edited by tinkererguy on 12-17-2007 07:48 PM

Message Edited by tinkererguy on 12-17-2007 07:48 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms