Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

01-10-2010

New York, NY

29 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Outlet: Buyer Beware - Terrible Customer Service and Order Fulfillment

2010-03-03, 20:36 PM

A quick search of the boards indicates that Lenovo Outlet has a reputation for terrible customer service and order fulfillment going back a number of years.  Because I was advised to consider purchasing a battery from Lenovo Outlet, I am posting this here in hopes of informing more of Lenovo's customers about this unacceptable situation and to advise against purchasing a battery from the Lenovo Outlet.

Due to a failed battery and advice against buying an aftermarket battery on these boards, I decided to purchase a refurbished battery compatible with my computer from Lenovo Outlet.  The outlet indicated that 100 or so of the batteries were available, and now only 76 remain: http://outlet.lenovo.com/accessories/batteries/ca51j0468.html

I placed the order online over a week ago, after which I received an email with an Order Confirmation number that does not work.  The email indicated that another email would follow within 1-2 business days with another order number and instructions on how to track the status of the order online.  No additional email was ever sent. 

Lenovo Outlet does not provide a phone number at which to contact them, so I have emailed them numerous times and have not received a response. I am trying to track down additional contact information in hopes of resolving the situation. 

If you expect something like Amazon service and order fullfillment, do NOT buy from Lenovo Outlet. 

Options

229 Posts

06-20-2008

United States

397 Signins

7343 Page Views

• Views: 7343
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Outlet: Buyer Beware - Terrible Customer Service and Order Fulfillment

2010-03-04, 0:13 AM

First, are you sure the email with the order number didn't get caught in your spam filter?  Second, the address for the outlet is the same as for Lenovo US, so click on the contact link at the bottom of the main Lenovo US page and try using the sales support phone numbers.

Options

8 Posts

01-10-2010

New York, NY

29 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Outlet: Buyer Beware - Terrible Customer Service and Order Fulfillment

2010-03-04, 18:03 PM

Called Lenovo's general number  1-866-96-THINK.  Spoke to a very friendly and helpful customer service rep.  He explained that order fullfillment form Lenovo Outlet is a "manual process" (kind of ironic for a PC manufacturer huh?) and can take a while. He advised me to call back by the end of the week if I hadn't heard from them. 

Thank you for the suggestion, though.  I checked the spam folder and had no emails from Lenovo. 

In general, I'm very happy with my T61p purchased in the fall of 2007 (in fact, I helped a good friend configure a T400 that he purchased yesterday). 

With that said, I think Lenovo Outlet owes its customers a much better level of service.  Many on this board recommended purchasing "scratch and dent" and other accessories from Lenovo Outlet, and thought people should be aware of just how bad the service can be. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms