Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

03-07-2008

Toronto

41 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 1 of 3

Questions about T61

2008-03-18, 3:36 AM
Hello,

I got a couple of questions about the T61.

1.  In the bios of my 15inch T61, I set the intel speedstep (for AC and battery) to maximum performance.  I also changed the adaptive thermal management (for AC and battery) to maximize performance.  I also disabled the CPU power management (to get rid of the buzzing/whining noise).  Now my question is, will this setup/config result in problems in the future?  I'm not concerned about battery life becuase my T61 is basically desk bound, just curious if I'm going to end up burning out my CPU if its always on maximum performance.

2.  For anyone with a T61, have you noticed how the audio skips if you close the lid?  basically I can have an MP3 playing and if I close my lid, the mp3 skips when I shut the lid closed (the skip occurs at the point where the monitor turns off).  This is normal or is there something wrong (with hardware or software)?

Thanks for any insights!

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Questions about T61

2008-03-18, 3:42 AM
not sure about #2 on your list but #1 is no problem.   these chips are underclocked as it is so running them at "maximum" speed (which is really normal speed) is perfectly fine.

(edit: typo)

Message Edited by erik on 03-17-2008 11:43 PM

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

4 Posts

03-20-2008

United States of America

6 Signins

158 Page Views

• Views: 158
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Questions about T61

2008-03-20, 2:40 AM
Hey Cruff I had the same glitch with audio taking a momentary beat when coming back to active desktop from screensaver (a blank screen in my case) or switched off screen (for power saving while jus listening to music or audio commentaries) I tried searching online but i couldnot find a relevant name for this kinda 'phenomenon' (lol) .... nice you brought up this issue. Let's see if someone can answer this .... Others ---> If it helps, this is what happens... The moment screen is switched on or off (in screensaver mode or screen shutdown in power saver mode) any audio playback (in both built-in speakers and headphones) (any media player) , if running in the background takes a momentary stop. It's very similar to a sudden CPU over load in the single core processors, when your music playback stops for a second or so. By the by... This happens only in Vista installed in a T61 (that i know). My friends have HPs and Dells with Vista and similar hardware configurations, but donot experience this. thanks guys
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms