06-04-2018

US

19 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 2

T510 on startup errors ...missing power manager files

2020-06-29, 22:37 PM

I know this is a much reported issue over the past several years, but I just started getting this error.  I checked the location and found no Utilities folder for Power Manager.  Also Device Manager shows only PM Device and not Power Manager.  When opening Vantage and checking the Battery, I see the comment: "The Lenovo Power Manager driver is not installed or not working properly. Please run Windows Update or manually install it from here. After the installation, restart your computer".  Like a good boy, I followed the instructions but it did not resolve the issue.  I spent all day chasing down "Solutions" on the forum with  no success.  I simply cannot find the .exe file for the Power Manager.  It seems that both the driver and the device settings software are co-dependent.  I have the PM Device Settings file, but need the driver.  Can anyone help?

Options

4 Posts

06-04-2018

US

19 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T510 on startup errors ...missing power manager files

2020-07-01, 17:43 PM

My battery status seems stuck at 96% and there is no slider or any selection on the icon to make any changes in the charging rate, etc. Is this normal? Did Lenovo or Microsoft remove this feature?Also, I found the .exe file for the Power Manager driver. It is what is installed under the PM device on the Device Manager. Furthermore, I read that Windows Update is supposed to install the Power Manager in Lenovo Vantage, but Windows Update shows everything up to date. Should I try to manually find and install the driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete