Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

2253 Posts

01-02-2011

United States of America

8345 Signins

51772 Page Views

• Views: 51772
  • Message 1611 of 1612

Re: Funny way I fixed my T61 triple beeper

2016-10-16, 4:26 AM

I'm sorry to anyone I've not replied to. There have been some issues with getting notifications from replies to the topics, so If you'd like to alert me to your post you are welcome to send me a PM and I'd be glad to help anyone I can. 

At this stage the 08/08 boards are getting extremely rare, so I'd recommend Intel graphics which are by far the most reliable option. We've been sourcing them either from complete working laptops, or from some NOS lenovo or ibm boards we were fortunate to acquire. The only exception to this is the standard screen models which production stopped before August, so none got the new GPU, but we were fortunate to get the only remaining brand new NOS nVidia boards in new factory sealed IBM boxes. Since the T61 was the last full sized laptop to offer the standard 4:3 ratio screen, and the first to support 8gb ram, SATA2, and a long list of new features along with the classic thinkpad features we all love, and the fact that these boards can be retrofitted into a T60 which was the last to offer the standard screen IPS Flexview screens making it the most popular custom built thinkpad (Frankenpad) that tens of thousands of thinkpad fans build worldwide, making these boards an amazing find so we can now have reliable nVidia graphics on 4:3 standard screen laptops. If anyone is interested I can post more information on building these hybrids, or even those who prefer the smaller 14", you can get them with failed GPU chips pretty cheap and resurect them to be the awesome reliavle laptop they were originally designed to be. 

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.
Options

1 Posts

10-11-2017

Estonia

39 Signins

382 Page Views

• Views: 382
  • Message 1612 of 1612

Re: Funny way I fixed my T61 triple beeper

2017-10-11, 6:23 AM

Hey, I tried to start up my old T61 (nvidia 140 version) again after a few years, unfortunately the same fate.

How do I go about making it work again?

edit: sent you a PM TuuS

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms