12-20-2011

bulgaria

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

built in wi-fi not working

2011-12-20, 18:40 PM

ok, I know its most probably a stupid question but for two weak I could not solve the problem so I decided to come to you. I bought this second hand z61t(the first portable i own) and it connected to the net just fine.than i decided to try and connect via an outside usb WiFi but found i need a lot of software installed for it so I dumped the idea.dont know if this has something to do with the problem, but soon after that all the networks disappeared from the "connections" tab.I am using Win7.I checked all the drivers and settings connected to the problem and no problems were reported.Still several services like netlogon appear to be disabled in the task manager.so now i am using the usb card which is not very convenient.there is a strong possibility that i am missing an obvious decision like having a switch that turns off the built in card, but i really can't find such.:smileytongue:

Options

1944 Posts

05-17-2008

USA

4725 Signins

59404 Page Views

• Views: 59404
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: built in wi-fi not working

2011-12-20, 21:09 PM
there is a switch its on the front by the red mic. port also if you have lenovo preinstall software you can use key combo FN-F5 (if the switch is on)

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete