cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxyboa
Paper Tape
Views: 8,602
Message 1 of 8

Annoying message: The battery installed in this computer is not genuine lenovo battery

Hi all!

Does anyone know how to switch of the message regarding "not genuine lenovo battery"? It will be nice to hide black triangle with (!) from status bar as well.

Thanks. 

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,582
Message 2 of 8

Re: Annoying message: The battery installed in this computer is not genuine lenovo battery

is your battery genuine?

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

foxyboa
Paper Tape
Views: 8,578
Message 3 of 8

Re: Annoying message: The battery installed in this computer is not genuine lenovo battery

Not sure. I had only one option in Ukraine for purchasing 9 cells battery for z61m. As far as I can remember, I was told that it's Sanyo battery but it looks different that my original 6 cells battery (doesn't have yellow sticker with bar code on it etc.).

But anyway, I have to live with the battery and that annoying message is not what users like to Smiley Happy

foxyboa
Paper Tape
Views: 8,511
Message 4 of 8

It's funny, but my battery says (via Lenovo Power Manager) that it's manufactor's name is Sanyo, but it doesn't look like original one. 

Is it possible? Does  Sanyo has "not a genuine battery" or it's just a fake one? 

Highlighted
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,493
Message 5 of 8

if it doesn't have the typical markings of an original then it's probably an aftermarket battery.   without seeing a photo of your exact battery, it's difficult to say.

sanyo doesn't make aftermarket batteries but an aftermarket battery could use sanyo cells.   the issue is less with the cells and more with the circuit board used since that's what controls the battery itself.   a faulty or poorly-made battery could cause issues later on, which is why lenovo recommends against using anything but genuine batteries.

lenovo power manager software is responsible for the pop-up message you're seeing.   your only option in preventing the message would be to uninstall power manager.   if you do, be sure to leave the power management driver installed as your system needs this.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

fschuff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,027
Message 6 of 8

Why does the battery from Lenovo (right out of the box) generate this message. There are conflicting part numbers between the order sheet and the web site (replacement part) and the battery itself. Is this just a Lenovo problem of sending out anything they have in stock or bad software or just massive confusion? It is a real and unnecessary NUISANCE.  Lenovo Technical Support says "just ignore it!", Wow. If I sent them a bad check would they just ignore it? NO! And why is the 9.5 hr battery only giving me 5.5 hours of time. Is there a production issue with Lenovo. There are issues with the memory and the hard drive as well. I guess I have to post them separately. 
MichaelBolton
What's DOS?
Views: 3,597
Message 7 of 8

From http://www.level8technology.com/Lenovo-Laptop-Battery-Issues, and confirmed by personal experience:

• Access the Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel, from there go to:
  • Thinkpad Configuration > Power Manager > Power Scheme
  • On the Power Scheme screen click "Options" and then uncheck the box with "Periodically show messages about battery charge capacity"
  • Click "Ok" to accept and save the changes and you will no longer receive pop-ups about using a third party notebook battery

---Michael B.

pwjone1
Serial Port
Views: 3,460
Message 8 of 8

That seems to have worked, more or less, but I still see a black triangle: /!\ next to the guage showing the % charged. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale