Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soonster
What's DOS?
Views: 564
Message 1 of 3

BIOS with T40p gone wrong - HELP -

my T40p laptop was wiped and reinstalled with WinXP w/sp3 and noticed it's getting flakey on the boot ups.  Meaning the "IBM logo" splash screen sometimes will not appear and have to do a few power cycles.  After seeing some notes that the newest BIOS will solve some known issues, I managed to update it but realizing that the Embedded Controller is also required.  Created a Diskette upgrade after downloading the latest version - 1rhj10ud.exe.  In the middle of the Writing the embedded controller upgrade process, waited 20 mins and still no sight of progress.  Did a power cycle and now the system just powers up and nothing on screen.  the "circled Z" and "Battery" icon only stays lit.  Need help in how to redo the Bios/Embedded Controller.  Much thanks.
soonster
What's DOS?
Views: 559
Message 2 of 3

Re: BIOS with T40p gone wrong - HELP -

i'm in the same situation of this thread: http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/topic9435.html
T23FUN
Token Ring
Views: 556
Message 3 of 3

Re: BIOS with T40p gone wrong - HELP -

Welcome to the forum. I hope it helps.

Hoping your bios aren't hosed, you might have a cmos battery problem, a HDD problem, a memory problem, an LCD problem or a mother bd problem. A cmos battery would be cheap and easy and it would eliminate that issue. Have you tried booting wthout the battery.

You see nothing at all on the screen? Does the hard drive attempt to spin up? Can you push F1 when you first turn it on?

What's the model number?

ThinkPad T23, 2647 HU8, Based on 2647-8RU: PIII-M 1.20GHz (512KB), 512MB RAM, 40.0GB HDD, 14.1 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD, 8x8x24x/8x CDRW/DVD, Modem(MPCI), Ethernet(CDC), WinXP Home, Linksys Wireless B adapter.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals