Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,631
Message 11 of 13

Re: Bad sector?

i can say onething from all this since your is a new HDD you may get apprehensive over your HDD's health.......as you start using your pc ...bad sectors do tend to come into ur HDD because of disk usage and all.....but if urs is a new hdd and ur facing a problem with it try changing the brand of the hdd this time ...if the problem still persists it surely must be some kind of a false alarm....

but i still recomend that if ur perfomance monitor shows nothing in RED your HDD is fine!!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,624
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

when the hitachi tools and PC Doctor says there isn´t a problem, i think they are right and vista is faulty.

Google for problems with Vista and tcpip.sys you get lots of entries.

I would install vista and forget the problem and use your computer.

Greetings

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Archie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,599
Message 13 of 13

Agotthelf and samavedam_vijay,

thank you guys for your continued support in this. I am also beginning to believe that there is nothing wrong with the hard drive itself, and that instead, the problem is in Vista. Still, I hope you understand my nervousness on this one; as you see, in my opinion hard disks in general have grown to be pretty good and reliable these days, so, if bad sectors are starting to appear on brand new disks, I think it's only natural to get a bit nervous about them Smiley Happy .

I found this technet discussion thread to be pretty enlightening:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3213046&SiteID=17

The only difference here is that the participants do not mention any bad sectors. Maybe they just haven't checked Smiley Wink .

I hope Microsoft corrects this situation quickly as I would speculate this kind of thing is prone to cause all kinds of unnecessary hard drive replacements etc.

Archie

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals