Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al3nas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,326
Message 31 of 91

Re: Bluetooth update killed my Windows 7

Cool - when driver fails on install - it does rollback. So then it runs uninstall procedure - and UNINSTALL procedure wiped out your system like everyone elses...

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,276
Message 32 of 91

al3nas et al, a new version of the Bluetooth package was posted by Lenovo today:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70042

Version 6.2.1.1401

• (Fix) Improved the uninstallation program.

Remember to check your backups first!

Post back here with your experience...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
TeMpL
Serial Port
Views: 2,151
Message 33 of 91

Failed to install.

And after removing previous version now im on same thing with all my data deleted!!!!

An now im reading issues is know for a month(s)!! And no red text on al pages than really IGNORANT!!!!

Plase beware uninstaling BT driver6.2.1.1400 DELTES ALL your DATA!!!

That's **bleep**ing unbelivable!

It's not a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Please state thins in RED text on all pageges!!!

moderator note: two posts merged.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,122
Message 34 of 91

Hi TeMpL!

That's not a nice experience.

6.2.1.1400 was taken off the website over two weeks ago. Or are you talking about 6.2.1.1401, which posted a couple of days ago?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
cebula
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,113
Message 35 of 91

Thanks for the update.  It worked fine for me.  This is after reinstalling Windows, installing 6.2.1.800 (version 14) through System Update, then yesterday upgrading to 6.2.1.1401 (version 17...seems 16 was skipped).  I didn't encounter any errors during the install.  However, since this is after I reinstalled Windows, I do not know if the problem would have happened to me again in the first place.  We'll have to wait and see how others respond.

al3nas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,096
Message 36 of 91

I had driver only (installed through device manager). So I did not have problems updating to version 17.

Maybe we should get some freebies or some BIG discount coupon from Lenovo, now that we know that driver really was a problem and wiped our systems?

TeMpL
Serial Port
Views: 2,052
Message 37 of 91

People should be advised not do uninstall 1400 version. I had perfectly working system until two days ago when I tried to install new 1401 vers which failed to install. And then tried to uninstal previous one to get lattes one working or able to be installed.. And then "we all know what happened". Smiley Sad

If I would be advised by the problem (of deleting data) .. Not just "fixed uninstall routine".. THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT WOULD NOT HAPPEN!

al3nas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,038
Message 38 of 91

You are right,

people should be advised NOT to UNINSTALL versions 14 (6.2.1.800) or 15 (6.2.1.1400)

blackmambo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,973
Message 39 of 91

I wish I read this post before decide to move from  bluethooth 6.2.1.1400 to  6.2.1.1401 on my T500 with Win7 Ultimate. As it uninstalled the BTH, it also stuffed up my file & folder structures.

Yep, lost all my data.......my hard drive lost over 90% of personal data incl. applications........NOT HAPPY!!!!! Smiley Mad

Even though the hard drive shows new size, I have done a search using Recuva, the files are there but I cannot access them!!! I wonder if it has stuffed up the MBR???

Thank you so much for your post......otherwise I'll still be scratching my head!!! I'll be calling Lenovo tomorrow. Thank god, my computer still under warranty.

In the meantime, any suggestions to restoring the old file structure?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,834
Message 40 of 91

Hi All,

I'm truly sorry for those who have experienced this. Smiley Sad This is really serious. I've reported this issue to the website team and have them to verify this. At the moment, i would advise users who has version 6.2.1.1400, please stay with it and do not do any update. Let's see what info i may get.

Thanks!

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals