cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 343
Message 11 of 14

Re: CPU fan is working for few seconds and stoped then a long beep and 2 short beep

It's my understanding that the replacement boards Lenovo uses are refurbished boards that have the GPU replaced.  

This chip definitely cannot not be replaced even by a skilled technician without expensive equipment. It requires a remanufacturing facility, but I believe they can be replaced.

Obviously I've never tried it, and I could be wrong.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 342
Message 12 of 14

Re: CPU fan is working for few seconds and stoped then a long beep and 2 short beep

they need an infrared reheat station and reballing machine to do it. These machines are fairly expensive and not something a hobbyist would usually have.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
orion9727
Token Ring
Views: 329
Message 13 of 14

they do it in the street of india.
but the proper way is a special machine that heats it with air.
the point kinda moot on a old pc as they have a shelf life all parts plus a usefull life.
5 year old pc dont even make good servers as a 2nd home.
they use far too much power and they too far behind and the fact everytime we shrink the process it gets cheaper.

look at a pc now we allmost there at the 1 pc per child program that made netbooks.
the idea a pc could cost 100 dollers.
intel new atom will bring netbooks into the 150 range soon.
my point here is look at the rush of sub 500 doller laptops and there a alot of 300 doller black friday deals heck i paid 300 for mine a month ago.
now there talking 200.
i even hear there a sub 1000 x1 comming with ivy next spring.
my point here is a t 60 part broken is not something worth a fix.
you can replace it cheaper with a new batt charger os and a new cpu with new instructions and it come with 4 gig of ram.

we are looking at a age of real throw away right now.
i dont think it will last because it a finite earth but for now this is the order of things.
even if the cpu was not a balled one and a flip chip it still gonna cost more for a mobile cpu replacement then a new pc.

i dont like it, i think it a total waste, we are digging our own carbon grave but that the world we live in right now.

there some vids on those guys doing gpu reseating on youtube if you wanna see how they do it.
me i dont think i want to breath in anymore fumes in this lifetime then i have in the past most of all when i worked on robots but it is posible sure there even some who done it with a heat lamp but to be honest cpu boards are kinda toxic stuff on them most of all the older ones i not wanna heat them up and see what happens in 20 years.

the perfict world is the world where we dont build stuff that highly toxic then toss it away in 4 years that be in a landfill 500 years from now with people looking at us like we something out the dark ages with horror but thats today.
i dont make this world i just give the best advice what youshould do.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 324
Message 14 of 14

the intrinsic worth of the T61 is more than just the face value of the machine, it is more for collectable reasons. People refurbish old and damaged cars all the time, some people do it for money while lot of people do it for love and memory of the experience.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors