Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitie92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,698
Message 1 of 8

Can't burn recovery disc.. using Rescue and Recovery

Hi, I want to try new Windows 7 on my T61 (7659-A55).

so i tried to make product recovery discs, but it gives me error that process is failed. (Cannot go back to the factory setting right now...)

My CD/DVD RW works fine and i even tried to use differen version of Rescue and Recovery..

How can I get the recovery discs?? 

normyy
Token Ring
Views: 1,688
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't burn recovery disc.. using Rescue and Recovery

Hi,

I've heard that RnR can allow user to make only one copy of factoty preload recovery disks. If you have made one, this function is no more available. But you can make  backups for the current status of your computer. Use RnR and choose to make backups, then choose to store the backup to CD/DVD. It will prompt you to burn a bootable CD/DVD, then a data DVD.

To make sure, I suggest you should use the burned CD/DVD to recover your system to see it works before you try installing Win 7 for it may delete your hidden recovery partition for good.

Good luck,

Norm

Message Edited by normyy on 06-01-2009 06:58 PM
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,681
Message 3 of 8

@amitie92 wrote:

so i tried to make product recovery discs, but it gives me error that process is failed. (Cannot go back to the factory setting right now...)

How can I get the recovery discs?? 

When I had problems creating recovery media for my T60p I called Lenovo to ask for assistance. After giving the CSR a description of the errors I was encountering and what I tried to do about them, he decided it would be easier for both of us if Lenovo sent me a set of media. YMMV.

Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,680
Message 4 of 8

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm sure that I've never tried to make recovery disc before. (I heard that if you already made one, you can't see it anymore in the menu.) 

The current status of my hard drive is not good.. (I think i have some viruses... too slow..)

So I just want the new recovery disc for my laptop, T61.

Anywhere I can buy it??

P.S. by the way... is this ++not confirmed link removed++ site trustful?? 

Moderator note: link removed cause no reproduction media should be sold.

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 02-06-2009 07:43 AM
normyy
Token Ring
Views: 1,674
Message 5 of 8

In this case i guess you can call Lenovo for a set of recovery disks. i think if you could not make recovery disk you could not recover the system from the hidden partition either. Lenovo should help with this. But they may charge a fee. : (

As to the website you mentioned, I haven't heard about it before. Anybody knows anything about it? Is it trustful?

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,645
Message 6 of 8

@normyy wrote:

Lenovo should help with this. But they may charge a fee. : (

I forgot to mention in the above post that, because I couldn't create media using the software that came with my T60p, Lenovo sent the media to me for free. The YMMV was meant to apply to that aspect.

I've also seen genuine Lenovo recovery media kits for various ThinkPad models for sale on eBay.

Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,637
Message 7 of 8

Oh.. It's free!! Thanks a lot ! Smiley Happy
Retired Guru
Views: 1,636
Message 8 of 8

@amitie92 wrote:

The current status of my hard drive is not good.. (I think i have some viruses... too slow..)

So I just want the new recovery disc for my laptop, T61.

To restore to factory settings you do not need recovery disks. Save all data from your C: disk and then boot with Thinkvantage/F11 button into predesktop area and choose factory reset there. Viruses will not have affected the hidden predesktop area.

If F11 doesn't work because you have already made an earlier clean install destroying the MBR pointing to the predesktop, you can try the Lenovo MBR repair kit. Unfortunately it only ships as a diskette image, so you would need to borrow a USB diskette reader. I have seen offers in the forums of downloading .iso files made from the diskette.

So paying for recovery disks might be the simplest and safest solution ...

T500: Vista 32, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 15.4" 1680x1050, 500GB 7200rpm, ATI Radeon HD3650 + Intel 4500MHD. T42: XP, 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 14.1" 1024x768, 250GB PATA, ATI Radeon 7500.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors