Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chansen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,185
Message 1 of 7

Client security software problem after installing new backup battery

Hi all! I need some help. I recently had to replace my cooling fan and while I had it apart I decided to replace the backup battery. After restarting the computer I had to reset the time as I expected but now the Client security software not activated window pops up and ask me if I want to activate it. As I have always used it I said yes and the computer restarts then does the same thing again. I then said no and after the computer booted I went to the thinkvantage client security software and selected the advanced mode to activate it and It did the same thing. Any suggestions. My computer is long out of warranty. It is a T42p model 2373-X42 running widows xp pro. Thanks in advance
CSX
Token Ring
Views: 2,184
Message 2 of 7

Re: Client security software problem after installing new backup battery

go into bios and choose security-Security chip and clear it. The f10 save and exit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignorance is no excuse!
Chansen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,181
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the fast response, will I have to reinstall the security software then?

CSX
Token Ring
Views: 2,179
Message 4 of 7

@Chansen wrote:

Thanks for the fast response, will I have to reinstall the security software then?

No...but since you've reset the bios. The encrpytion keys have been lost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignorance is no excuse!
Chansen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,166
Message 5 of 7

No joy. When I restart it still says my security software is not activated and to use windows login. I activate it and it reboots and it starts all over again. I'm thinking I should of left power on the computer while I changed the battery
Chansen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,164
Message 6 of 7

The actual message that comes up after restart is (in a box called Client security solution login) The embedded security chip has been deactivated. The login process cannot be protected untill the chip has been activated. Please log in normally to windows.
CSX
Token Ring
Views: 2,127
Message 7 of 7

@Chansen wrote:
The actual message that comes up after restart is (in a box called Client security solution login) The embedded security chip has been deactivated. The login process cannot be protected untill the chip has been activated. Please log in normally to windows.

gO TO BIOS SECURITY-SECURITY CHIP AND ENABLE. tHEN F10 SAVE AND EXIT. wHEN WINDOWS BOOTS YOU'LL SEE THE MESSAGE AGAIN. do not hit cancel or enetr. wAIT TILL THE MESSAGE DISAPPEARS. It is looking for security keys. If you stop it...on next boot it will try again but take twice as long. And so forth if you continue to hit it. SO let it stay there until it goes away and it wont show up on the next boot.

Ignorance is no excuse!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals