Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debera33
What's DOS?
Views: 1,428
Message 1 of 2

Compatible WIFI card for Thinkpad a21m, wifi orinoco silver no longer working

Thank you for having this forum available.

My husband passed down his Thinkpad A21M Type 2628-GTU to our son. The wifi card that was with it is a Lucent Technologies Orinoco Silver 11mbit/s t/n 03549501 p/n012938/c. When powered up last night, the ethernet was fully functional, but the wireless card didn't connect to the net. My husband assumed the Lucent card was bad. Is there something compatible I may buy to replace it? Do you have a suggestion on what he might have missed in trying to get it to work at home?

He has used this laptop all over the country including at home before, so I would imagine he knows what he is doing. But, we do have a new service provider since the company upgraded his computer system.

Thank you so much!

Guru
Views: 1,405
Message 2 of 2

Re: Compatible WIFI card for Thinkpad a21m, wifi orinoco silver no longer working

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, it's time to upgrade to a newer card anyway, at least b/g. Any PCMCIA wireless card will work with your A21m, it all depends on your router, and your personal preferences.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals