Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashtree
Paper Tape
Views: 1,082
Message 1 of 6

Did I get the right part my T61p?

Hi Guys,

I got my T61p  around Aug. 1. I just started using it and it runs good. Except the craftmanship of the LCD cover and the matching LCD frame. There is about 0.5 mm mismatch between the two.

I did not pay too much attention to it until I went through the part description file on the Lenovo site. It is said that for my model, T61p 6459 CTO, there should be an LCD cover and a palm rest with IBM logos, not thinkpad logo. However, both parts on my machine have THINKPAD logo on them.

Did I get the right part? If they just HAPPENED to ran out of said parts and fit me with anything at hand, that would be funny. Different parts use different molds and that is very possible to cause poor make if you just mix and match!

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Message Edited by ashtree on 09-08-2008 07:29 AM
Message Edited by ashtree on 09-08-2008 07:30 AM
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,075
Message 2 of 6

Re: Did I get the right part my T61p?

IBM logo and Thinkpad logo stickers are actually the same size. Lenovo opted to remove the IBM logo from Thinkpad products as not to confuse the end user whom is producing the Thinkpad laptop. The plastic parts are exactly the same pressed from Mitsubishi ABS plastic by Foxconn.
ashtree
Paper Tape
Views: 1,072
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the anwser. I just feel weired that one side of the LCD frame is sticking to the LCD cover while the right hand side frame is detached from it, showing a mismathc and gap... And the frame is 0.5 mm wider than the LCD cover on the right hand side.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,066
Message 4 of 6

regarding fit and finish, it could a manufacturing fault that you may get replaced free under warranty.
ashtree
Paper Tape
Views: 1,062
Message 5 of 6

THank you wjili 2

That is exactly what I am trying to do...

May I ask the service center to order the parts and leave the machine for them to fix when the parts arrive? I just can not afford leave my machine with them for a month or something like that.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,056
Message 6 of 6

you should call your local Lenovo service and they can arrange whatever is appriopriate for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals