Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usman_ali
Paper Tape
Views: 22,808
Message 1 of 4

Difference Between CTO model and other models

Hi All,

I have just joined. i just want to know that what is the difference between the CTO model and the other models like PSG and F3G in the Thinkpads. Becuse when i put the 7665-CTO in the quick search it does not show me the details of the thinkpad.it shows "ThinkPad T61 Configure-To-Order system". What does that means

regards

UA
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 22,798
Message 2 of 4

Re: Difference Between CTO model and other models

Welcome to the forum!

Just look what Wikipedia and other glossary sources (like this one) do tell you about CTO and you will know where the difference is.

Message Edited by vkyr on 04-03-2008 12:47 PM

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

martin-mtl
What's DOS?
Views: 22,424
Message 3 of 4

I have to classify our laptops by their SKU value, ie. 2373WV2. I understand that a SKU value like 2373CTO means it is a custom-To -Order unit.

My question, can a value like 2373CTO  be treated like any other SKU? In other words, are all 2373CTO units identical or does the custom part mean they could all be different?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 22,406
Message 4 of 4

martin-mtl wrote:

My question, can a value like 2373CTO  be treated like any other SKU? In other words, are all 2373CTO units identical or does the custom part mean they could all be different?

Configured to order means exactly what it says.  A CTO unit may have a wide range of possible components/warranties and therefore a wide range of cost/value.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors