Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbell
Paper Tape
Views: 5,054
Message 1 of 5

Disable built in microphone, but still use microphone in headset

Hello

I have a t61, and I am wondering how to disable the built-in microphone, and still being able to use my headset.

It is rather troublesome to have a Skype conversation, and the other side being able to hear you type all the time, can anyone offer any ideas? I've searched Google and lenovo documentation but havent been able to find anything.

Do i really have to take the machine apart and take out the microphone just to get rid of it?

/tbell

DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 5,036
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disable built in microphone, but still use microphone in headset

Sorry, I guess I can't answer your question directly, except to say something must not be working right.

When I plug in an external microphone, the internal one mutes.  This is for a T60p running Windows Vista Business.

If the computer isn't working correctly, another option might be to use a camera that has a built in microphone for Skype, or use a bluetooth microphone.  I have used my Jawbone for Skype calls, and it works very well, but it doesn't have a mute function.

Don Mannino

tbell
Paper Tape
Views: 5,022
Message 3 of 5

Im running on a T61, using Vista Business Service Pack 1 - Using a camera is simply not an option, although a good suggestion. Lugging a camera around instead of a small headset is troublesome.

I was hoping there was some setting that I have simply missed. I was also uite surprised that noone else have had this problem, but I guess that would be because it is simply working on everyone elses machines, or they dont use that feature. Guess I'll go back to the retail with it.

Highlighted
tpkleins
Paper Tape
Views: 4,343
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I have the same T61 issue...perhaps there are only 2 of us?

WIth an external headset/microphone and even with just a headset (no ext mic) the internal microphone is constantly active.

Any solution??  Thanks in advance.

TK

mixz1
Broadband 3G
Views: 4,293
Message 5 of 5

You set the microphone choice in Skype Options Audio Settings. Change it from the ThinkPad to the headset. Skype should remember the choice next time you use it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals