Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Token Ring
0 Kudos

Does the T61 also have a built-in modem?

I am considering a purchase of a T61.  My internet access will be primarily through  DSL or other high speed access; however, I do travel in areas  where that won't always be readily available.  I've seen the older T4x series that had a built in modem and wondered if the T61 still did.  A message/web search  makes me think so, but wanted to know for sure, so thought I would ask.   Thanks for the help.
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: Does the T61 also have a built-in modem?

Yes, I believe all have one. My T61 came with a modem and I did not explicitly order one, and I assume all variations of the T61 do.
Solutions: 569
0 Kudos

yes, it does.   the only thinkpad produced recently which doesn't have a built-in modem is the X300.

ThinkStation C20      ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · 600Microsoft MVP

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Hello. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I'm thinking of buying a new laptop. I'm still not sure what to buy. The one I'm using right now is a T20 ThinkPad. I'm very happy with its performance but I think I need an upgrade. I have to admit I'm having second thoughts in getting another ThinkPad with all the negative posts I'm reading. Anyway... I just have a question. Does the T60 or T61 have a built in microphone. My old T20 has one. I wish they have a page or screen that you can see a sample picture of the Thinkpad that can be viewed from all angles. I also hope that they would give a detailed description of what the T61 or T60 has. By the way...to answer your question, I think the T61 has a built-in modem. Thanks
Solutions: 569
0 Kudos

yes, all the current models have microphones.

ThinkStation C20      ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · 600Microsoft MVP

Highlighted
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Now a days all of the ibm thinkpads from lenovo, They do come with built in modems

rec630 wrote:
I am considering a purchase of a T61.  My internet access will be primarily through  DSL or other high speed access; however, I do travel in areas  where that won't always be readily available.  I've seen the older T4x series that had a built in modem and wondered if the T61 still did.  A message/web search  makes me think so, but wanted to know for sure, so thought I would ask.   Thanks for the help.

Matthew C Hilinski Lenovo c200 out of warrenty
ubuntu 9.0