cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadsSmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,283
Message 1 of 3

Double post - "Cannot open volume for direct access" ChkDsk. - Doubæe Post sry.

Hello everybody.

I´m having trouble running checkdisk on my T61p with Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

I get the error message saying that it cannot get direct access to the volume, at startup.

I run AVG Free antivirus and Ad-Aware 07. I do not have any automatic defragmenters running.

My computer prompts me for fingerprints pre os. Is tha something that needs to be disabled?

Kind regards fra Mads - Denmark.

Message Edited by MadsSmith on 04-25-2008 04:17 AM
agonggo
Serial Port
Views: 3,255
Message 2 of 3

Re: Double post - "Cannot open volume for direct access" ChkDsk. - Doubæe Post sry.

Did you update your RR4.2?  If you did, you will have this problem.  There seems to be a bug with RR4.2 on drive access during bootup.  You can either uninstall RR or do a Regedit.  For the Regedit solution, go to the Thinkvantage Forum and go to the tread about RR4.2:

Lenovo, PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!  It's been almost 3 months now and no action has been done!

Message Edited by agonggo on 04-25-2008 11:27 PM

Message Edited by agonggo on 04-25-2008 11:32 PM
MadsSmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,835
Message 3 of 3

Re: Double post - "Cannot open volume for direct access" ChkDsk. - Doubæe Post sry.

Hello.

I don´t know what the RR4.2 is.

There is apparently also another problem with this RR4.2. I can´t defragment my harddrive now. It simply finished after 30 seconds with my hd still in need of being defragmented. I suspect it is caused by the same thing as my Check Disk?

Thank you very much for all you help.

Mads - Denmark.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals