cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackerly
Paper Tape
Views: 814
Message 1 of 2

Dual Monitors / Cannot capture vertical monitors (mouse up /down vs left /right)

Hi,

My setup includes dual monitors with a T61 in port replicator  and a Dell 24" monitor positioned above.  While I can achieve this setup by manually dragging the external monitor above the laptop each time I dock, I cannot get the Presentation Director to capture this position accurately.  It will capture the setup, but reverts to horizontal monitors with left/right mouse whenever the captured profile is used.   [With my old T43 in the same setup, I was able to get the monitor positions memorized correctly. ]

Does anyone have a solution?  I've checked the Control Panel--> Display settings and the NVIDIA Control panel.  The control panel allows me to set up the external monitor as per above, but I haven't found any control to ensure the settings "stick".

mackerly
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 2 of 2

Re: Dual Monitors / Cannot capture vertical monitors (mouse up /down vs left /right)

Additional Note:  I've also tried creating a new profile in the Presentation Director with the selection for "External Monitor positioned above laptop", but that does not work as it will not recognize the external monitor resolution of 1900x1280, and thus will not allow me to finish the profile.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals