Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
579mario
Paper Tape
Views: 949
Message 1 of 4

Dual monitor Windows 7 ATI Radeon Mobility driver

I have a Thinkpad A31 recently upgraded to Window 7.  The laptop is on a docking station and has 2 monitors connected.  After the upgrade to Windows 7 only one monitor works.  Windows 7 uses the generic video driver and I do not know which is the correct video driver to install.  I believe the Thinkpad uses an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 video card. 

Thank you.

Guru
Views: 937
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dual monitor Windows 7 ATI Radeon Mobility driver

There is no "correct" driver to install for Radeon 7500/9000, or even the stronger FireGL 7800. None of these GPUs are supported by W7 or Vista.

Some modded drivers are available on the web, but none of them worked the way it should for me, so I just abandoned the whole idea of moving my A31p to W7 and went back to XP.

YMMV.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
579mario
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 3 of 4

Hello George,

I am afraid that option is not possible for me.  I have been using the Thinkpad with a docking station with W7 since just before Thanksgiving.  It works OK except for the dual monitor.  I can dock and undock, watch movies, surf the net, all without any apparent issues. I just wish there was a way the extend the display to the second monitor. W7 seems to recognize only the monitor attached to the VGA output and not the monitor attached to the DVI output.

Any suggestions?   Thank you.

Guru
Views: 924
Message 4 of 4

No suggestions.

Roadblocks like the one that you've encountered with a second monitor are a commonplace when using an OS that doesn't have the proper graphic driver support for the GPU in question.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals