cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstawski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,090
Message 1 of 5

ERROR 2100: HDD0 (Hard disk Drive) initialization error (1)

Hi everyone, I have a working Thinkpad T61P Type: 6459 CTO.

I want to install Windows 7 on this OCZ SSD drive but when I start the computer I get the error above. I tried this with the original BIOS version and with the upgraded version (2.26-1.08). I also tried upgrading the HD Firmware with this and this upgrade, but it didn't detect any upgradeable HDs.

The original HD works fine and the SSD drive works perfect if I use it as USB. The SSD drive is also formatted.

I'm clueless as what to do next. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks...

kennethxu
Paper Tape
Views: 16,029
Message 2 of 5

Re: ERROR 2100: HDD0 (Hard disk Drive) initialization error (1)

Hi,

I have X61 with exactly same SSD amd having exactly same problem. Did you resovle the problem? or anybody in Lenovo can help please? The SSD works fine in a desktop PC and dell laptop. So I consider this is a bug in BIOS.

Thanks,

Kenneth

ericjmail
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,002
Message 3 of 5

Just wanted to lket you know that i just installed windows 7 onto an intel SSD drive on my T61p

Went fine. (except there are no lenovo windows 7 drivers)

However, had a circa 07 HP laptop that would not accept the same SSD, updated BIOS, same - had to slipstream F6 drivers for the sata controller into the hp xp cd, and then it worked just fine

also saw some folks had installed onto a standard drive, dismounted and imaged the working build from the HDD to the SSD - tried that but it did not work either.

g'luck!

e

kennethxu
Paper Tape
Views: 15,976
Message 4 of 5

> Just wanted to lket you know that i just installed windows 7 onto an intel SSD drive on my T61p

Did you use compatible mode or AHCI in BIOS configuration.

kennethxu
Paper Tape
Views: 15,813
Message 5 of 5

To benefit others. It turn out to be two different issues here.

1. The main problem is due to the physical connection, the rubber holder from the original HDD cradle doesn't work well with the SSD (at least mine). Since SSD doesn't need shook protection, I diceded to remove the rubber and stuff some else at the outer end of SSD to hold the it in place. Once this is done I don't get the error in most of time.

2. But I still get the error when the PC is rebooted in certain special ways. I have encountered twice, a) the first reboot during Windows 7 installation. b) When installing some software that does the 2nd reboot before enters the Windows. When it happens, the HDD light becomes consistently on. I hard shutdown and turn back on then the error goes away and I was able to boot fine.

So far I don't get any issue during the normal use of Windows 7 for two weeks now.

HTH

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors