Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Token Ring
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Explorer browser image paints on screen while scrolling

Can someone please help me on a browser issue with Internet Explorer?  When scrolling, the image paints slowly.  Is there any way to eliminate or reduce the painting effect?

Thanks!

Token Ring
0 Kudos

Re: Explorer browser image paints on screen while scrolling

Sorry, forgot to add, my machine is T42, 2378-R4U.

Retired Guru

sounds like its a video driver issue.  Does your laptop come with a dedicated graphics card or an integrated card?  Try running a system update and see if maybe your drivers need updating.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that soudns like what happens when you try to attach a monitor to an unrecognized video card on a PC, you get picture, but its quite hard to do anythign with.

T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Token Ring
0 Kudos

Thank you amace.  I ran a system update but it did not indicate that drivers needed updating.  I'm not using a monitor, just the laptop screen.  Here is the machine specs:   Product: ThinkPad T42 2378-R4U  .  I cannot tell if it's a dedicated graphics card or integrated card.  Can you help please?  Also, I thought the symptom was evident when using IE browser, but actually, it is evident when moving any windows around or attempting quick scrolling in a window.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Token Ring
0 Kudos

I checked the Device Manager, and I see a yellow "?" icon for Video Controller (VGA Compatible).  Could that be the issue? 

Community Moderator

TVSU is really letting us down on this one Smiley Sad  Per your device type, the specs are:

P M 725, 256MB RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD, 14.1 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD, 32MB ATI Radeon 7500, 24x24x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD, Intel 802.11b/g wireless(MPCI), Modem(CDC), 1Gb Ethernet(LOM), UltraNav, Secure Chip, 6 cell Li-Ion battery, WinXP Pro

So over to the drivers, and get this one: Video driver (ATI Radeon, FireGL Series) for Windows 2000/XP - ThinkPad A31, A31p, R40, R40e, R50, R...

Install, rinse, repeat as necessary Smiley Happy

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Token Ring
0 Kudos

Thank you!  The ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 seems to have solved the problem.  Scrolling is much sharper now.